Since I decided to move back into the personal size Filofax, I wanted something lightweight. I do have a few nice ones but, for some reason I dusted off my LV.
This is called the LV Agenda in Taiga and it’s the MM size, which is the medium size. It has 6 rings and the spacing is similar to the Filofax Personal or the Franklin Covey Compact size. I have the one in black.
It’s quite a compact planner and sleek looking. The cover is black with a hidden popper, 6 credit card slots and business card pocket on one side, secretarial pocket on the other. One pen loop. I’ve put some pictures at the bottom.
I had splurged on this a couple of years ago as a gift to myself when I got promoted. I had my initials put in as well. They don’t emboss it for you, they just heat stamp it.
What’s awesome about this planner:
- The leather is coated so it does not get scratched easily or discoloured.
- It super lightweight probably because of the the type of leather.
- It lays flat
- The cover has a very muted LV emboss, so it has a classy feel to it. I really wouldn’t want my planner to scream LV. (at least not the one I take to see clients)
- The size is more like a FC Compact rather than a Filofax, so it takes the larger FC size paper without sticking out (it’s 5.5 x 7.1 inches). (The page lifters in the picture below are from FC.)
- The inside is very simple, but it has a secretarial pocket, which I want and the card slots are really comfortable for those who use them.
- The rings seem to be smaller than 1 inch but I like the size. Somehow, even when it’s full, it holds it shape and feels compact. No bulging.
What’s not nice:
- The pen loop is not comfortable at all. So I just insert the pen by the clip instead of the whole pen.
- The rings are of poor quality. They seem very flimsy to me for some reason. I also feel that they will become misaligned in time or with heavy use. Let’s see. I guess LV can replace it for me. It’s the least they should do given the considerable amount spent on it .
I don’t know why I haven’t used this planner more often given all the positives. I think it’s because of the rings. I felt heavy duty use would break it. But now I really want to use it because I realised it’s lightweight enough for me to carry a lot of paper without getting too heavy (I’m trying out two calendars).
All in all, it’s been a great investment and I’m glad I bought it.