Overall review: GOOD
I’m not a big fan of BB creams. For some reason they seem to leave a white shadow on my face and they feel very oily. So naturally, when the guy at the Maybelline counter asked me to try it, I was completely skeptical. But then, I tried it one the back of my hand and it seemed to blend in so well. I was pleasantly surprised. Given the price, I decided, why not?
I’ve been using the BB Cream for a week now and here’s why I am liking it
– blends really well into the skin
– just enough coverage (I don’t think they are meant to provide foundation like coverage)
– SPF 30 – love that, since I live in Dubai where the sun is strong even if it’s winter
– doesn’t leave face oily, just enough moisturization (although sometimes I use a moisturizer underneath)
– doesn’t ball up like brightening balms
– not heavy, does have a fresh feel
– super cheap
– just a light cover, doesn’t really brighten
– can make skin look white only if too much is used
– can get a bit oily, again if too much is used in the day time
This is what the website claims:
I found 4 out these 8 to be true – even skin tone, smoothes, SPF30, no heavy ingredients.
This is what looks like. Packaging is good as it comes in a tube:
There’s really no point in showing the consistency and how it looks on the skin, since it blends in really well.
The price in Dubai is about AED 40 (approximately US$8). It’s a pretty good product for the price.