It’s been a gruesome few weeks and I haven’t had much time for writing. Actually, that not true. It’s not that I didn’t exactly have the time, it’s just that I didn’t have the energy to sit and write out any posts.
I started the year thinking I could post almost every day…. and it wasn’t a bad start at all. But my busy, busy life keeps getting in the way.
So what have I been up to in the last few weeks other than work. Going out to catch up with friends, watching TV shows or reading. Ah reading… yes, I’ve managed to do quite a bit of that. I’ve also managed to do quite a bit of shopping. I bought 7 books over the last 2 weeks but I have no idea when I’m going to finish reading them. I had promised myself not to buy any more books until I could at least finish few of the ones I have. I never listen to myself! So here are the books I bought
- Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandries – Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- World Order – Henry Kissinger
- Still Alice – Lisa Genova
- Fermat’s Enigma: The Epic Quest to Solve the World’s Greatest Mathematical Problem – Simon Singh
- The Real Life MBA: You no B-S Guide to Winning the Game, Building a Team, and Growing your Career – Jack Welch and Suzy Welch
- Wild – Cheryl Strayed
- Fifty Shades of Grey – E.L. James
Yes, you read the last one right. I finally gave into all the hype and bought the book. A friend of mine is hooked on the book(s) and insisted that I am missing something. Well, I don’t know how true that is, having read half way through, but I thought… Oh well, let’s satisfy my curiosity. If you look at the reviews on Amazon, some of them are pretty brutal and needless to say it piqued my interest. The star ratings are almost all ones or fives, very few in the middle. So I guess people either love the book or hate it. i won’t comment until I get through it.
Enough from me now…